The morning is my favorite time of day. I believe that having a peaceful and productive morning sets up the rest of your day to come. It is not always easy to wake up early and to be ready to go and get the day started in those wee hours of the morning. I thought I would make a list of tips on what helps me to wake up early and not only to enjoy my time but to also look forward to it.
- The first and most obvious tip would be to go to sleep at a decent time. If you are trying to wake up at 6 AM, I wouldn’t advise going to bed at 2 AM.
- If you have a coffee pot, go ahead and pre-make your coffee or tea. This is a step that can really help to speed up the morning. It also makes you look forward to when you can be sipping on that piping hot coffee! 🙂
- Pick out your clothes the night before. I do this EVERY day before I have class or work. If I don’t pick out my outfit the night before, I could just stand looking at my clothes, walking from my closet to my dresser for about 5 minutes before making any decisions (HUGE waste of time). I truly think this tip is a game changer. DO IT!
- Stop using an obnoxious alarm clock and use a happy/pleasant sound! No one likes waking up to an annoying alarm or really waking up at all. So when it goes off, the least you could do is make it a happy sound.
- Have yourself some quiet time or time to reflect and meditate. Maybe for you this could mean to read the bible or a devotional or even do some yoga and listen to music. I think it is important to allow yourself time to reflect and meditate because it clears your head before you start your busy day.
- Give yourself some extra time. I always like to set my alarm clock for earlier than I need because it helps me to not feel rushed. Two things that I absolutely hate are being rushed and being late. By giving myself 20 extra minutes makes a world of a difference. For example, it takes me about 20 – 30 minutes to get ready, give or take some (I just slap a little bit of makeup on, fix my hair very quickly, a put on my pre-picked out outfit) but I will set my alarm earlier than necessary so that I will have an hour to an hour and a half until I have to leave.
The morning is such a peaceful time of the day. There is something rewarding about waking up early and getting your day started. Not to mention the beautiful sunrise. Take any chance you have to step outside and watch the sunrise.
These are tips that I use everyday and I find them to be so helpful! I hope that these also work for you! Let me know if you try or do any of these.
Please make sure to follow along on my blog so you don’t miss out on this fun journey! Thank you so much for reading this post. 🙂