If you are anything like me and are looking for a tasty and healthy breakfast, look no further. Avocado toast is such an easy and quick breakfast whether you are on the go or staying in.
There are so many different ways to dress up your avocado toast; add bacon, add a fried egg, add lime.. the list goes on and on. After experimenting around with making avocado toast, I think I have finally perfected the ultimate recipe. It has a little bit of spice but not too much. (Hmm.. now that I am writing this, I just got the idea of chopping up a jalapeno and mixing it in. That would really kick the spice up a notch.)
A crucial step to making your avocado toast delish is to make sure that your bread is BOMB. If you are trying to make “the ultimate” avocado toast, try to avoid the cheap $0.89 bread (no shame because that is what I buy when I’m at school🙃). My mom has recently turned me on to the Lewis Bread. Pictured below.
Let’s just get to the thing and share the dang recipe.
(Also, I eyeball everything so I don’t have the exact measurements. Sorry!)
What You’ll Need
- 1 slice bread
- 1/4 avocado
- A sprinkle of garlic
- A dash of pepper
- A pinch of sea salt
- A generous amount of crushed red pepper flakes
- (Optional) If you are feeling extra spicy, you can always add a hint of paprika
This yields ONE serving
What You’ll Do
- Cut your avocado into 4ths. Mash 1/4th of your avocado. (Tip: I like to mash my avocado slightly, keeping some pieces bigger. Mashing it too much makes it similar to the consistency of baby food. Sorry for that gross description..) I like to use a fork to do so.
- Add in all of the spices.
- Toast the bread
- Spread the avocado onto the toast
- Add a pinch more of crushed red peppers on the top.
Like I said, this is such an easy recipe. You can eat it alone or have it on the side of your meal. I usually always like to make eggs with it. A lot of times I will put a fried egg on top of it and eat it like that and it is SOO good.
I hope that you enjoy this tasty recipe. Now I need to try adding a jalapeno in it and then I will report back! Let me know how you dress up your avocado toast!
Thanks for reading! 🙂